Join us on October 21st for Hike for Healing! A national fundraiser for the Monument Quilt and FORCE, you can uplift the 2200 voices knit into the Quilt by simply organizing a walk or hike in your community to support survivors in their journey towards healing. Help us raise $50,000 through Hike for Healing, and support the Monument Quilt, and our movement across the country to end rape culture!
Thanks to supporters like you, FORCE has created powerful actions calling out the impact of rape culture, and built a movement grounded in healing as resistance. This past April, we partnered with La Casa Mandarina, Feminismo Consciente, UTEP- Women’s and Gender Studies Program, Center Against Sexual and Family Violence, Violence Intervention Program,Inc., Mujeres en Movimiento, and Make the Road NY to blanket both sides of the US/Mexico border in protest of Trump’s xenophobic immigration policies, and its impact on undocumented survivors. This is just part of what of your belief has created.
With your investment, we can build an even more powerful movement in 2018.
How will we use the money raised from Hike for Healing?
- $50 adds a quilt square to the Monument Quilt. To date we have collected 2200 stories- 2200 survivors who refuse to stay silent any longer.
- $100 pays for a quilt workshop to talk about the impact of rape culture, and support arts based activism.
- $200 pays for the fabric, thread and other supplies used each month to add survivor’s stories to the Monument Quilt.
- $300 pays for a survivor skill-share in our Baltimore studio. This is the work of Gather Together, a survivor led group grounded in arts based activism.
- $500 pays for a banner in our Monument Quilt. These banners bear messages of support for survivors and lets our community, they are not alone.
- $1,000 funds community mini-grants for survivor leaders working in our hometown to launch their own creative campaigns.
Need some help? We created a fundraising guide to help you get started!
Help us promote the event by sharing this poster or any of the below social media ready images.
However you choose to take part – we thank you for your investment in this movement!