The Monument Quilt (led by Force: Upsetting Rape Culture) is seeking a National Outreach Consultant
Background: The Monument Quilt is a crowd-sourced collection of thousands of stories from survivors of rape and abuse. Survivors are stitching stories together to create and demand public space to heal. We are building a new culture where survivors are publicly supported rather than publicly shamed. The project will culminate with a one-mile display of the quilt on the National Mall in 2016, along with a digital archive and resource map of the myriad of organizations across the country who are participating. Individuals and communities participate in the project by hosting workshops and making their own quilt squares. More info: TheMonumentQuilt.org
The Monument Quilt headquarters is located at 1400 Greenmount Ave. The National Outreach Consultant can work remotely.
The Monument Quilt Outreach consultant will be responsible for extending the reach of the Monument Quilt by identifying leaders, coordinating quilt workshops, and generally getting more people involved with the quilt.
Over a 6-month time period, the coordinator would be expected to coordinate the following.
- 15 new partnerships
- 20 workshops
- 5 new leaders/organizers committed to ongoing programming (identifying leaders, following up, building and maintaining relationships)
- Regular contact and update of spreadsheet data/tracking communications. Track notes about contacts and notes so that other collaborators can maintain relationships.
- The coordinator will be expected to meet with FORCE leaders, in person or by phone, 2x per month
An ideal candidate must:
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of The Monument Quilt and Force: Upsetting Rape Culture
- Be communicative and friendly, able to build and sustain professional relationships
- Be very comfortable talking openly about supporting survivors of sexual assault and creating a culture of support.
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, especially use of email and spreadsheets. Other programs e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat are mandatory; knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop a plus.
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Be comfortable working independently. Applicants must be self motivated and able to manage their own time without daily supervision
- This contract is for a 6 month period, from March 1-September 1.
- The payment is a stipend based on accomplishing goals within 6-month time frame.
- The job provides a $2500 stipend, which can paid weekly, monthly or otherwise, as needed
Preference will be given to
- People who speak Spanish.
- Applicants of color.
- People who identify as LGBTQ.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20th.
Applicants must submit a proposal about how they would achieve the above outlined goals. Please submit 1 page that outlines ideas for new partnerships and host organizations to work with the Monument Quilt. Applicants are encouraged to include information about existing networks and relationships that they have, and how they will build on these networks to help the Monument Quilt grow.
**Applicants are also encouraged to look at who has already partnered with the Monument Quilt and recommend areas for growth. View our blog and website to learn more.