- 4p: The Quilt display opens
Please note that all main stage activities will has ASL and Spanish translation.
- 6:15-7p: MAIN STAGE. What is Rape? A Youth-led Conversation on Rape Culture Open Mic. A youth led conversation and workshop will culminate in an Open Mic, giving teens have the option to share their art and thoughts with the broader Monument Quilt event.
- 7p-9p: MAIN STAGE. Opening remarks and performances, sponsored by the National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Welcoming ceremony to honor the land, with our relatives who are representing Piscataway Nation, facilitated by FORCE Leadership Team member Greg Grey Cloud
- Libations to honor ancestors, led by FORCE collective member Charnell Covert and FORCE Leadership Team member Kalima Young
- Reflecting on the founding of the Monument Quilt, led by FORCE collective members
- Choreographies of Disclosure: What the Mind Forgets, a performance organized and curated by FORCE Leadership Team member Jadelynn Stahl. Choreographies of Disclosure: What the Mind Forgets is a socially engaged, long-form project, organized and curated by performance artist Jadelynn Stahl in collaboration with LGBTQ multidisciplinary artists who have been impacted by sexual violence. The project seeks to create tangible, visionary spaces which uplift the voices of queer and trans survivors and secondary survivors; voices that are often left out, co-opted or forgotten in the mainstream movement to end sexual assault.
- 4:30-6:30p: Learning Tent #2. Showing Up: How We See, Speak, and Disrupt Racial Bias Facing Survivors. Facilitated by CSAJ. This workshop will engage attendees in addressing the questions: How does racial bias show up for survivors within our programs and in navigating safety? And how do we develop strategies that center the voices and experiences of marginalized survivors and work towards systems change?
- 4-6:15p: Gather Together Tent #6. What is Rape? A Youth-led Conversation on Rape Culture. Young people (ages 14-20) are invited to the National Mall to take part in youth-led conversation and art workshop about disrupting rape culture. Note: From 4-6:15 PM this is a youth-only space. There will a separate space for chaperones, educators, and family members. Youth can register here.
- 4:30-6:30p: Healing Tent #8. Healthy Relationships workshop with Turnaround, Inc.
- 4:30-6:30p: Community Tent #11. Sex Workers Outreach Project Baltimore meetup